Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Last Homestudy Appt Complete!!

We had our last meeting with our social worker to finish up what she needs to write the homestudy! Also, she hasn't heard from NYS OCFS which is a good sign because they said they would call her if there were any problems finding our fingerprint cards, so hopefully they found them and if they did we should have them back by next week. She will call mid next week if we haven't heard anything. Once the fingerprints clear, our social worker can finalize the homestudy report and get it notarized and give us our copies. We have to immediately run to the USCIS (Immigration) office to had one copy of the homestudy in with our I600A form and then wait for an appointment to be fingerprinted (again). Hopefully this will take no longer than 2 weeks, then we just have to wait the 4-6 weeks for the last document from USCIS, the I171H. When we get that we gotta run to the city with a couple other documents to get state cerified and authenticated at the Chinese Consulate. THEN we mail everything to the agency. This has to be before April 13th! But it's looking good and we might actually make the deadline now, so I guess we were meant to adopt from China since things are going in our favor right now. We'll see in the next few weeks what happens.
So I think I mentioned before that I am building a bookcase/dollhouse for the nursery. I'm almost done, just putting some finishing decorative touches on it but here are some pictures.

I even have some books to put in it when I'm done!



No comments:

web site hit counter