Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Let the shopping begin!

I've read on some adoption message boards that when you get your LID and are officially waiting that to celebrate your LID some people go out and buy something pink (and I assume blue if you are requesting a boy). I guess it's a way to officially begin the wait for your child! And since I don't need an excuse to shop normally, this was a fun idea! So I have been looking around and finally found a little outfit cute enough to be the "something pink" LID celebration purchase! It's this little pink seersucker sundress with little hearts on it. Too cute. It's 24 months. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on this blog yet but we are requesting a baby girl, 0-12 months or as young as possible. Most likely she will be at least 10 months or more. In the future I probably won't buy anything smaller than 12 months, maybe a few 9 months, but not to many. I only plan on buying things on super duper sales so as not to break the bank!




Also, one of the adoption groups I am on will be having a "Secret Pal Swap" where you have a secret pal that you send a goodies box to once a month (or every other month) with baby things in it. I think they usually have a theme each month , like bathtime or beach and then you'd go buy several baby items for the theme and mail them anonymously to your secret pal (and your secret pal sends you things too) and then at the end of the wait.. all the secret pals are revealed. Sounds like fun and yet another excuse to go shopping!


On the downside, on some other boards I have been reading how the wait times might hit the 3 year point. That would really be horrible. But nothing I can do about it really. We've invested enough money to stick with China and not change countries or agencies and I've already gotten over the whole getting pregnant thing, so I guess we just wait. So I'll be about 42/43 by the time I have my first child, which I always thought was kinda crazy, but there are people out there adopting children (sometimes their first) at 50+! So I think I'll be fine (old, yes.. but fine! haha).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

woo woo we having a baby LOL

web site hit counter