Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bunch of things..

I am so tired I couldn't think of a better title for this post.. lol But I do have a bunch of things to post a little about.
First, in the midst of the commotion this past month, I TOTALLY forgot to post pics on April 1st of Yoshi's 2nd birthday! LOL I only had time to throw together a little birthday hat for him, which of course he just "loves!" (=tolerates) and snap some pictures.
Happy 2nd Birthday Yoshi-Bear!!


Also I never got around to posting the pics of the 2 cute outfits my sister bought for Raven when she was over a few weeks ago (how time flies).






Then there is this little knit jacket I found this past weekend and book, $9 total. Couldn't pass that up.


Let's see what else. My Mom went home Saturday, but is coming back tomorrow for a few more days. I had some time this weekend to work on the closet.. one side is pretty much finished, but I am not sure if I am going to paint it right now or sometime down the road. I think it's fine the way it is, plus that is such a small space I don't want to pass out from paint fumes! lol The section below without a shelf has a bar in there where I can store some of Raven's things on hangers. And I have a good amount of storage behind the shelves too.




Now I have to work on the other side of the closet which will be some higher shelves and bar. I still have to plan that out a bit. Plus I might wait a bit to start working on that as wood isn't all that cheap! LOL



Talking about money, I have been doing a little calculating and I almost want to say it's probably a good thing we have another couple of years to wait, because I started calculating how much Business Class seats to China might be as opposed to coach seats and we only budgeted for what the agency estimated. We will definitely need to add to that for better seats because I don't like to fly to begin with and the longest flight I was on was to Vegas and that was about 5 1/2 hours and we were in coach and it was horrible. I felt like a sardine. So I thinking we will have to do business class there and back. Not sure if we can do part business class and part coach, depending on what airport we leave from and how many flights we have to take. Anyway, of course if the money ends up not being there we might have to just be sardines all the way to China, but that is going to make for one miserable flight. I think if we have to do coach on the way back, then we would try to get a seat for Raven to give us a little more room, at least that would be cheaper than business class. I don't know.. a lot to think about there. I mean it's a once in a lifetime trip, I'd like to be somewhat comfortable if I have to be on a plane for 12+ hours! I don't think that is too much to ask for. Then I'm hearing from our agency that the Orphanage Donation fee will most like go from $3000 to $5000 by the time we go. THEN, there is the matter of time off from work. Neither one of us get paid leave, so we will have to use as much vacation as possible and then try to save up enough by then to take some additional unpaid leave. So add all that up and that's a lot of money people!! It's been kind of stressing me out lately. But I'm going to go over the bills and see what we can cut where and see how that goes, plus we'll probably have another 2 years of taxes so that will definitely help. I gotta say though, I don't think there is going to be much of a chance of us adopting a second child, not even with the tax credit, if the tax credit even still exists then. It really shouldn't be this hard to have children!!!!!!!! Sheeesh!


Ok, I'm done with my little vent.


One more thing, my baby Jake is doing pretty good. He continues to eat and drink and he tolerates the IV for 5 minutes a day which is good. He is still his affectionate self which is good to see. We're just spoling him for as long as he lets us. Here he is from this weekend, getting a little playful with his toy. He's gaining a little weight back too (so am I, but that's another post!).

I think that's all I have to post about today. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it was that long since I read your blog..but apparently it was!!!!
I was sorry/sad to read about Jake and then happy to read he is doing well.
Hope your Mom is doing better.
I can't believe that Yosi is 2 already...I remember when you got him!!!
And nice job on the closet...can you come to my house and work your magic there?? LOL
OK, I think I covered everything.
Hope you and Freddy are doing well.

Take care....Diane

Kim said...

WOW.. you have been busy..
Happy 2 Birthday to Yoshi.. LOVE the new outfits..
Glad that Jake is doing better..
Have a Great Week..

web site hit counter